Careers At Cedar's Mediterranean Foods, Inc.
Current job opportunities are posted here as they become available.
Subscribe to our RSS feeds to receive instant updates as new positions become available.
The (non-exempt) Maintenance Mechanic ensures operation of the facility’s mechanical and electrical equipment by: completing preventative maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic and hydraulic devices, conveyor systems, and other production related machinery, and by diagnosing and repairing malfunctions.
Duties must be carried out under strict safety and sanitation standards in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Quality requirements necessitate fabrication and machine operations within specific tolerances and operational specifications to insure the delivery of food products on time, at the lowest cost, and according to customer requirements.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair electrical, hydraulic, steam, water, waste and pneumatic systems/components found in food manufacturing equipment related to all packaging, processing, filling and facility systems (industrial refrigeration, compressed air and high pressure steam systems, pumps, heat exchangers, boiler and water treatment/conditioning systems, homogenizers, emulsifiers, etc.)
- Plan and execute preventative maintenance according to PM schedule to minimize equipment downtime
- Maintain production line machinery and equipment to manufacturer’s instructions and engineering specifications
- Complete repairs of mechanical and structural components on production lines to recover from equipment failures
- Requisition and maintain an appropriate inventory of parts/supplies to facilitate timely repair of equipment
- Complete work orders and required paperwork to the highest quality standards
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), company policies and procedures, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) at all times
- Maintain a high level of safety awareness, striving for an accident-free workplace
- Two + years related experience, preferably in food industry
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skilled use of a variety of hand tools, precision hand tools, and measuring instruments required. Preferred competencies in welding, presses, grinders, basic fabrication, PLC logic
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, schematics, service and operating manuals
- Maintain accurate maintenance, production, quality and operational records as required
- Knowledge of LOTO, GMPs, Confined Space, Hot Works, Hazardous/Regulated Waste, Electrical Safety, MSDS, OSHA and other environmental regulations and procedures
- Strong communication and decision making skills
- Able to speak, write, and understand English
- Able to work overtime when necessary. Flexible to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts, weekends and holidays according to business needs
- Maintain neat and organized work areas
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Physical Demands and Work Environment
(The physical and environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
- Able to perform various physical activities such as heavy lifting, pulling, and pushing up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Work and communicate in an environment with moving mechanical parts and loud noise requiring hearing protection
- Able to balance while ascending/descending ladders and scaffolding using safety procedures
- Able to twist, bend, lay, kneel, reach, and crouch at elevated and ground levels
- Vision abilities include: close, distant, and color vision
- Able to adjust to changing demands and environments quickly
- Employee will be exposed to variable air temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, high locations, vibration, chemicals
Cedar’s Foods is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by